Vivid 2 light stuck on Firmware v9

saizzz

Reaction score
Hi I have two Vivid 2 lights connected to the app. One has been upgrade to Version 22, the other is stuck at version 9 and won't show the option to upgrade. I'm seeing issues with the light running firmware vs 9 when trying to group the lights. Are there any tricks to forcing an upgrade? I've tried the obvious things like logging out of the app, removing the app/reinstalling, deting the lights and adding them back and power cycling/replacing the 2032 battery. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 9.52.23 AM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 9.52.23 AM.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 3
Each VIVID version has its own firmware version.
If no update notification, there is no firmware update.

Admin, the light running firmware V9 is having trouble with auto mode. I am cycling a new tank and have the Red/Green at 30% and blue at 15%, 30 min ramp up and down. The % values are not retained after the first 24 hour period (the light reverts to Red/Green/Blue to 100%). Any suggestions?

Admin, the light running firmware V9 is having trouble with auto mode. I am cycling a new tank and have the Red/Green at 30% and blue at 15%, 30 min ramp up and down. The % values are not retained after the first 24 hour period (the light reverts to Red/Green/Blue to 100%). Any suggestions?
Delete the setting and add new auto settings.
If it happens again, take screenshots of the current settings and record video of the light reaction.

I've deleted thee settings several times. The V9 light only works on the Custom setting - if I change it to auto, the lights return to 100% after one cycle. When I go to the initial auto screen (screenshot 1), the light shows 0% but when I tap into the auto settings, it shows 100% (screen shot 2). Once the light powers up, it ramps to 100%. Also note the auto setting enable/disable switch like the light running newer firmware. I've ordered a replacement controller board and Bluetooth module just in case. Do you have any instructions for replacing?

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.jpeg
    Screenshot 1.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 2
  • screenshot2.jpeg
    screenshot2.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 2
The VIVID light that has a battery version is old version for 3-4 years.
You can replace the PCB and Bluetooth modules and then update the firmware.