App is completely broken

Reyce

Reaction score
Already have a WRGB 2 and just bought a dosing pump trying to set up today.
Go in to the app to connect the new pump.
App is asking me for a sign in when it was working fine before.

Every single sign in method is broken. Apple, google, chihiros log in.
The first 2 just do nothing when logging in, and chihiros log in or sign up just say an unknown error has occurred.

tried reinstalling multiple times, restarting my phone, wifi and celluar, bluetooth off and on, nothing works. Just left with $600 of bricked products.

This is extremely unacceptable, if you are going to require a log in and internet connection for your products to even function at least make sure it works properly.

Already have a WRGB 2 and just bought a dosing pump trying to set up today.
Go in to the app to connect the new pump.
App is asking me for a sign in when it was working fine before.

Every single sign in method is broken. Apple, google, chihiros log in.
The first 2 just do nothing when logging in, and chihiros log in or sign up just say an unknown error has occurred.

tried reinstalling multiple times, restarting my phone, wifi and celluar, bluetooth off and on, nothing works. Just left with $600 of bricked products.

This is extremely unacceptable, if you are going to require a log in and internet connection for your products to even function at least make sure it works properly.
Hello, same problem here with three lights that I cannot use. This is an acceptable. I also wrote a message on the forum and believe me I tried to update everything restart everything and my conclusion is that the problem is this one : our data are not stored on the phone. They are stored on the cloud therefore, if there is a problem with the server, we will not be able to connect until the problem is solved. If there is a moderator reading this, please correct me if I’m wrong or explain me how your system works. Because according to me if the data are stored on my phone, then just using Wi-Fi would be enough to connect to my lights and there would not be any trouble. Again this is over. Frustrating for such a high-end product.

Hello, same problem here with three lights that I cannot use. This is an acceptable. I also wrote a message on the forum and believe me I tried to update everything restart everything and my conclusion is that the problem is this one : our data are not stored on the phone. They are stored on the cloud therefore, if there is a problem with the server, we will not be able to connect until the problem is solved. If there is a moderator reading this, please correct me if I’m wrong or explain me how your system works. Because according to me if the data are stored on my phone, then just using Wi-Fi would be enough to connect to my lights and there would not be any trouble. Again this is over. Frustrating for such a high-end product.
Yes its such as shame. Sorry to hear you are having the same issue. The work around I used for now was to boot up my old android phone that probably has an old version of mychirhiros on it, and that worked so at least my tank wont fall apart for now. I have a feeling it is something to do with the apple app? because my iPhone (my main device) could not get to work, and reading your other thread seems like you tried multiple apple devices and still didnt work. So I have a feeling they updated something with the apple app and just broke everything.
If they cant guarantee 100% uptime with the app they should have an offline solution so the ecosystems that depend on these products don't fall apart

Yes its such as shame. Sorry to hear you are having the same issue. The work around I used for now was to boot up my old android phone that probably has an old version of mychirhiros on it, and that worked so at least my tank wont fall apart for now. I have a feeling it is something to do with the apple app? because my iPhone (my main device) could not get to work, and reading your other thread seems like you tried multiple apple devices and still didnt work. So I have a feeling they updated something with the apple app and just broke everything.
If they cant guarantee 100% uptime with the app they should have an offline solution so the ecosystems that depend on these products don't fall apart
Confirmed I also have this issue, updated app, unable to login, can't control any of my lights...will not likely buy another chihiros after this.

Reactions: nom3ra and bogdan
I am experiencing the same issue, it wont log-in on either the android or I-phone. Have also tried to re-download the app to both phone and still unknown error. This is not acceptable for such a high priced product.

Reactions: nom3ra and bogdan
Hi, first post and having the exact same issue. Was working last week just fine. Apple iOS.

(randomly I notice Amazon.sg isn't working properly either)

Last edited:
Reactions: bogdan and pigabyte
Hi, first post for me too and same issue. It seems to be a server issue. Was considering a second light but this app keeps finding ways to ruin the experience.

Hi guys,
App technicians found there is a bug of login of the app My Chihiros, you couldn't login with Apple ID or there is the Unknown Error, app technicians are now fixing it, please wait.

Reactions: bogdan
Hi guys,
Technicians have fixed the app login problem.
Now can login.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: Occean and T800