Temperature chihiros controller feels very hot

Paul

Reaction score
Hi,

I just noticed when moving some things around in the cabinet that the chihiros controller (WRGB II 120) was feeling really hot.
Is this normal that it gets that hot for a controller?

This one i mean (so not the powerbrick): https://www.chihirosaquaticstudio.com/products/chihiros-controller?variant=42527623315674
chihiros-controller-chihiros-aquatic-studio-1661133155.jpg

Last edited:
Generally it’s a normal phenomenon
Okay, thx.
Other thing i noticed since the latest firmware (V25) is that the controller is giving a high pitch noise. It didn't do that with V24.
Same light period/times/RGB settings are used between the 2 firmware updates. (R80 G60 B70).
When turning the numbers down to for example 30% or lower the pitch is still there.

Okay, thx.
Other thing i noticed since the latest firmware (V25) is that the controller is giving a high pitch noise. It didn't do that with V24.
Same light period/times/RGB settings are used between the 2 firmware updates. (R80 G60 B70).
When turning the numbers down to for example 30% or lower the pitch is still there.
Please take a screenshot of the firmware version V25.

Slide each RGB channel separately R80 G60 B70 to see if the sound still there.

And technicians just tested the versions, the program output frequency of the new and old versions is the same. If there is noise they are same for both versions. And there is no power ring, so there is no problem of power exceeding the standard.

Slide each RGB channel separately R80 G60 B70 to see if the sound still there.

And technicians just tested the versions, the program output frequency of the new and old versions is the same. If there is noise they are same for both versions. And there is no power ring, so there is no problem of power exceeding the standard.
at some values the noise is gone.

All 100% = silent (and all 0% also of course :p )
But moving the channels around it starts making the noise.
Also with the presets like Buce etc

Yes it all created the sound.
Only on a 100% it was silence but everything below started making sound.
So for example:

R100 G0 B0
R0 G100 B0
R0 G0 B100

Здравствуйте. Светильник ВRGB 2 про 80. 4 месяца в использовании. Сильно греется

Bluetooth- контроллер. Что с ним не так? Летом придется оставлять без присмотра аквариум на несколько дней, страшно оставлять. Почему он греется, он неисправен?​

Здравствуйте. Светильник ВRGB 2 про 80. 4 месяца в использовании. Сильно греется

Bluetooth- контроллер. Что с ним не так? Летом придется оставлять без присмотра аквариум на несколько дней, страшно оставлять. Почему он греется, он неисправен?​

No problem the hot is a normal phenomenon.