Chihiros 120 Water Leak?

AussieTangGuy

Reaction score
I have the WRBG 120cm model and after 6mths the red has stopped working and just flickers. I took it back to the shop and he said he will speak to the rep about a replacement, apparently the rep said that the light is not covered due to water damage? It is an aquarium light, how can it not be sealed correctly and be succeptible to water leaks?
I spend an insane amount of money on aquarium equipment and thought I was buying the best quality but I’m really disappointed in this product, I just don’t understand how and aquarium light can not be covered for water damage?
FYI- I have had a Fluval plant 2.0 in the exact same position on the same tank for over 2 years with zero problems.

Me asking some questions to figure out what’s the problem of the light.
1. In the app Manual mode, use the Off button, could the flickering light be turned off?
2. In the app Manual mode, slide each RGB channel separately from 0% to the Max, only Red channel couldn’t turn on? Green and Blue work normally? For example, Green and Blue at 0%, slide Red from 0% to the max.
3. In the app Manual mode, use the All mode, take a photo of the led panel clearly.
4. Take screenshots of the Device Information page which includes device ID No and Firmware Version.

I can’t do any of these things as the shop or the rep still have the light, they have offered me a discount on a new light but it’s still not good enough. I shouldn’t have to pay for something that was faulty. The blue and green lights seemed to work fine but when I set it to only red it was really faint and flickering. It was definitely from the water, you could see a small amount of water inside it. I just can’t believe it’s not waterproof and sealed correctly, the Fluval light still works years later

WRGB II 120 light waterproof is IP 43, needs to be placed in an open space.
And there is also a waterproof testing paper on the led beads panel, it it get red, it has water damage.
You can ask the seller to check.

The light was placed on top of Juwel Vision 450 tank in the open, it was definitely water damage as you could see the water inside it where the leds are, no need to check the strip. My Fluval lasted years and is now back on the tank because my Chihiros is gone after only 6mths, it’s ridiculous that it leaked and isn’t covered by warranty.

Water damage no warranty.
Normal use in an open space couldn't get water in.
The light was placed on top of Juwel Vision 450 tank in the open, it was definitely water damage as you could see the water inside it where the leds are, no need to check the strip. My Fluval lasted years and is now back on the tank because my Chihiros is gone after only 6mths, it’s ridiculous that it leaked and isn’t covered by warranty.

Water damage no warranty.
Normal use in an open space couldn't get water in.
What do you mean by normal use? The light was set up above a fish tank, about 8 inches from the water. Somehow the condensation got in, I’ve had tanks for years and never had an issue with lights. The guy in the shop said the same thing has happened to him and he is taking them out of his tanks also. I will never buy a Chihiros again, what a joke.
What do you consider normal use if it’s not that?

What do you mean by normal use? The light was set up above a fish tank, about 8 inches from the water. Somehow the condensation got in, I’ve had tanks for years and never had an issue with lights. The guy in the shop said the same thing has happened to him and he is taking them out of his tanks also. I will never buy a Chihiros again, what a joke.
What do you consider normal use if it’s not that?
You also haven’t even used stainless steel screws on the ends, the screws on both ends are completely rusted after only 6mths?

Normal use is putting the light in an open space, enough height and width around the light.
No falling into water or any drop of water.

Normal use is putting the light in an open space, enough height and width around the light.
No falling into water or any drop of water.
The Juwel tanks have braces above them that would stop it from ever falling in. This light was never dropped in, submerged in any way or had water poured on it. It was always used correctly the same as all of my other lights, the leak was from condensation as there is no other explanation. Very poor service, I spend more money on my multiple large tanks than 90% of hobbyists. Very disappointed, no customer loyalty whatsoever

Die Lampe war oben auf dem Juwel Vision 450-Becken im Freien angebracht.

Hallo, was heisst im Freien - als nicht in der Wohnung ? M;fG

The Juwel tanks have braces above them that would stop it from ever falling in. This light was never dropped in, submerged in any way or had water poured on it. It was always used correctly the same as all of my other lights, the leak was from condensation as there is no other explanation. Very poor service, I spend more money on my multiple large tanks than 90% of hobbyists. Very disappointed, no customer loyalty whatsoever
As we know that the Juwel tanks have lids, only our Universal WRGB(IP 67) light can be put under that lid.

As we know that the Juwel tanks have lids, only our Universal WRGB(IP 67) light can be put under that lid.
If you remove the existing lights the Chihiros light fits easily, the same set up that I have always used. I currently have a Fluval in that spot on both of my Juwel vision 450 tanks, as I stated it was used correctly. It was definitely the condensation, there is no other explanation

If you remove the existing lights the Chihiros light fits easily, the same set up that I have always used. I currently have a Fluval in that spot on both of my Juwel vision 450 tanks, as I stated it was used correctly. It was definitely the condensation, there is no other explanation
If the open space is big enough, there is no water damage.
Regular lights waterproof is IP 43.

You keep saying the same thing, I removed the 2 stock lights and put the Chihiros in their place leaving plenty of room all around it. You are wrong, this is a faulty product.