Tin in dosing pump hose !

Moggel

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I use the Chihiros dosing pump with the Chihiros tanks and Chihiros hoses in my reef tank. I have noticed that the tin value in the ICP laboratory analysis has risen since using these products. So I took the hoses, put them in osmosis water for 7 days and started another analysis. The tin value rose to 60 micrograms per litre within a week. The problem is that corals get real problems or die from 10 micrograms and more. Unfortunately I have also lost a few corals as I could not immediately determine the cause of this problem. I will probably be stuck with the damage.:cry:

Has anyone had similar experiences?

Kind regards

Moggel

Ok thanks we will test the tube.
From which store did you get that product?
For information, I also cut off a piece of hose from the hoses in the dosing containers and put it in osmosis water. However, I only cut off half a centimetre. But I think that the hoses I sent in the picture are responsible. I bought the hoses at Kölle Zoo, Ulm, Germany.

Thanks for the information, we will test both tubes.
We official online store would like to send you the color tubes for free to test, if you wanna inform us your name, phone number and detailed address with zip code.

Thanks for the information, we will test both tubes.
We official online store would like to send you the color tubes for free to test, if you wanna inform us your name, phone number and detailed address with zip code.
Thank you for the friendly and fast support. I have sent you my address details in a private message. Have the silicone tubes been tested? To be honest, I don't want to carry out animal testing at my own expense.