Chihiros Universal WRGB 550 doesn't fit an Oase Highline 125 ?

Xelitas

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

I've got a problem with my Chihiros Universal WRGB 550 fitment. Reading from the specifications it would fit in a Oase Highline 125 (no optiwhite, but that shouldn't matter with sizes).
But when I try to fit it in the original place of the Oase Led unit on the strips of glass, it wouldn't fit. Because of the aluminium strips where the cover plate of the aquarium is resting on. Even at the height it doesn't fit under the cover. The cover is standing a bit open at the front of the aquarium and resting on the back of the light unit. On photo 4 you will see that the light unit is higher than the aluminium strips where the cover is resting on. The light unit is resting on the glass strip on that side.
The aquariumshop where I bought it said just cut the aluminium strip from the aquarium it doesn't infect the stability. But why would I cut in my aquarium if there is said by the Chihiros unit specifications that it fits also a Oase Highline 125. But not on my Oase Highline 125.

How should I get this right?
Because maybe I would sell the aquarium some day without the Chihiros light back to original so then the aluminium strip should be back on there.. Only thing is that strip is sitting very tight on that glass.

Thanks for helping,
Xelitas:)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    741.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    650.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    604.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 3
1723044001952.png
Hi Xelitas, are you sure you are installing it correctly?
This picture comes from an oase dealer. They even use this light in their advertising. It's a highline 125 in the picture.
Are you sure you have the 550 and not the 600? Yours seems too long

Last edited:
View attachment 649
Hi Xelitas, are you sure you are installing it correctly?
This picture comes from an oase dealer. They even use this light in their advertising
Well that's from a bigger Highline ( I think what I saw was Highline 400). But look at my pictures.. It's the Chihiros Universal WRGB 550 (the smallest one) and they said it would be fitting the Oase Highline 125.. But not on my Highline 125 then. 😅

Does somebody knows what to do? Because I think it would not be the intention to get the aluminium strip away from the aquarium? Like the aquariumshop is telling me. That's not the intention of the Chihiros Uni WRGB to fit in this aquarium, right ?

Maybe someone from Chihiros or Oase or people with the same combination Aquarium and Light unit.
I really want to use it, instead of send it back to the shop and be disappointed.

Last edited:
Hi peeps,

I've got a problem with my Chihiros Universal WRGB 550 fitment. Reading from the specifications it would fit in a Oase Highline 125 (no optiwhite, but that shouldn't matter with sizes).
But when I try to fit it in the original place of the Oase Led unit on the strips of glass, it wouldn't fit. Because of the aluminium strips where the cover plate of the aquarium is resting on. Even at the height it doesn't fit under the cover. The cover is standing a bit open at the front of the aquarium and resting on the back of the light unit. On photo 4 you will see that the light unit is higher than the aluminium strips where the cover is resting on. The light unit is resting on the glass strip on that side.
The aquariumshop where I bought it said just cut the aluminium strip from the aquarium it doesn't infect the stability. But why would I cut in my aquarium if there is said by the Chihiros unit specifications that it fits also a Oase Highline 125. But not on my Oase Highline 125.

How should I get this right?
Because maybe I would sell the aquarium some day without the Chihiros light back to original so then the aluminium strip should be back on there.. Only thing is that strip is sitting very tight on that glass.

Thanks for helping,
Xelitas:)
What's the correct light model and tank model?

The original light model and tank model or what I want to use.

Tank: Oase Highline 125
Original light: Oase Highline Classic Led with Daylight 40 led.
New Light: Chihiros Universal WRGB 550

But the Chihiros is bigger in width and height. And like I showed on the pictures it won't fit. The aquariumshop said cut an aluminium strip of the aquarium and then it will fit.
Are those light not ment to fit perfectly without changing the aquarium cover and strips? Because it should fit with this aquarium.

The original light model and tank model or what I want to use.

Tank: Oase Highline 125
Original light: Oase Highline Classic Led with Daylight 40 led.
New Light: Chihiros Universal WRGB 550

But the Chihiros is bigger in width and height. And like I showed on the pictures it won't fit. The aquariumshop said cut an aluminium strip of the aquarium and then it will fit.
Are those light not ment to fit perfectly without changing the aquarium cover and strips? Because it should fit with this aquarium.
We will feedback this issue to our Germany distributor, any updates will let you know.

It is solved. Got 1 end cap of the unit with 3 allen screws. And now it will fit tighty between the aquarium walls. But the unit is still to heigh so the aquarium lid is staying open for 3 or 4 millimeters. But the end conclusion from Florian is that the Chihiros Universal WRGB is not suitable for the Oase Highline 125. They found out that the one for the Highline 200 also doesn't fit well.

But my case is solved and I will continue to use the Chihiros Universal WRGB 550 for my aquarium. The unit and app had too many positive features for me.

Hello

I have a problem with my application and the magnetic light
The light is always disconnected (Bluetooth) when I want to change or make a setting for time and programation
On the app I can’t save there is no red lign with save!
I delete and reload and the update is ok
What I can do?
Thanks for reply

Hello

I have a problem with my application and the magnetic light
The light is always disconnected (Bluetooth) when I want to change or make a setting for time and programation
On the app I can’t save there is no red lign with save!
I delete and reload and the update is ok
What I can do?
Thanks for reply
Wrong place to post your thread.

Connection lost is a phone signal issue not a problem of the device itself.
Only red ad green for Magnetic light, if you set well, you could see the Save button.

Try to delete the light from Device list, plug out for a few minutes then plug back in to search and connect then set it again.